The Homer Township Road District maintains all of the public roads and rights-of-way in the unincorporated areas of Homer Township except for the following state and county roads:
- Archer Avenue (Route 171)
- 159th Street (Route 7)
- Southwest Highway (Route 6)
Will County Roads
- Bell Road
- 135th Street (west of Archer Avenue)
- 143rd Street
- Cedar Road south of 159th Street
- Parker Road south of 175th Street (Bruce Road)
- Chicago Bloomington Trail (east of Parker Road)
- Hadley Road
- 167th Street (east of Hadley)
Cook County Roads
The rights-of-way are in most areas, sixty-six (66) feet wide and include all street and regulatory signage, public sidewalks, parkway trees, ditches and driveway culverts. Along most arterial roads, the right-of-way is one hundred (100) feet wide.
Street lighting may be Commonwealth Edison, Homer Township or Homer Glen owned. Outages in unincorporated Homer Township can be reported to the Road District. Outages in the Village of Homer Glen should be reported to the Village 301-0632.
The signals at 151st and Parker are owned by the Village of Homer Glen. All other traffic signal lights are either county or state owned and maintained but all outages can be reported to The Village of Homer Glen at (708)301-0632.